New Year, New Thought's
I don't know about everyone else but this last year was full of lessons to be learned, trials and even some victories. I really do not believe in New Year' Resolutions, I do believe in setting goals. This looked a little different this year. Last year, I was able to sit down with Roby and we mapped out several goals for me to work on during the year. I haven't been able to bring myself to doing this, its still a little hard for me to work on without his guidance. He taught me well, its just a little sad to do without him. He would be giving me that look and asking me why I haven't done it yet. Sooo here it goes.
1. Finish Cook Book ( its literally almost done) I just start crying every time I try to write the dedication.
2. Expand the business. I have so many things in the works and now I finally have the right people in the right positions for this to happen.
3. Journal every day! I started this last November and it truly is inspiring and starts my day off in the right direction. I list my big goals and 1 thing I am thankful for everyday.
4. Make my bed everyday!!! Seems like a small thing but if I don't do this my day seems to unravel. Besides my Momma would get me if I don't. If you know my Momma you know she will tell me, ( she doesn't hold anything back)
5. Take a trip, take time off and refresh my soul. This is the hardest one for me. I truly eat, sleep and breathe this business. The saying is true that if you love what you do you will never work a day in your life. Sometimes you just need to step back, rest and refuel. I learned this one the hard way. That blog post is still being written, its a hard subject for me.
What are some goals you are setting for yourself this year? Whatever they are you must write them down and post them on a wall, in a journal somewhere you can see them and keep reminding yourself to stay on track. I had an amazing mentor and friend that even though our time together was short it changed my life.